Sunday, August 17, 2008

Guess who's back, back again, Gout is back, tell a friend

Friday came and another long day at work took me away from running during lunch. So when I got home I figured I'd put in 7 miles and end the week on a high note. Well, I started to run and I noticed some pain in my toe - - - the same one that I had Gout in a couple months back. I stopped at 3 miles and ended the week with 50 miles. about 15 short of where I need to be. Saturday came and I was going to take the day off anyway, but my foot was throbbing and was red - - - - - the Gout had returned. The first thing I did was complain like a little baby (I don't do well when I hurt) and took some of the medicine I had left over from my last episode. I took it for the whole day and the symptoms went away. Which led me to today's run. I decided to dial it back a bit to let my toe heal a little more and I got 13 miles in. Not the 16 or 17 I wanted, but I felt good. I didn't wear my watch, but I figured I was in the 6:50 range. I did stop twice to drink out of the hoses of businesses (it was a warm one today), but the legs (and toe) felt good.

So as I look back to what caused my flare up I think I know the cause; the large beer I had at the restaurant and the one I had later on in the night when I was working until 12:00am. So, I think the one beer rule may come into play. The Gout doesn't feel well and I need to stay healthy for Lakefront. All I need to do is get some good miles in which is harder and harder to do. I worked for 8 hours today/tonight just to get a head start on the week - - - ahhh, this sucks!

No comments: