Once agin I had to run at night, but I had an incentive to run tonight. I got a new pair of racing flats that I had to break in. With some of the shorter races coming up I figured it was time to get back into the flat shoes versus the trainers I've been wearing. Granted, my trainers are less than 10 oz's and are light in of themselves, the flats are 3.5 oz's lighter.
I haven't worn flats since my college years, so I was a little excited to try out my new "toy". I laced up the new shoes and ran the 2.33 mile loop 3 times (7 miles). I left the watch at home and just ran as I felt. The legs are getting a little tired and the new shoes didn't help any, but the run was pretty productive. If I had to take a guess I ran in the 6:45 to 6:50 range. And the shoes! It felt like I wasn't wearing any. I don't think I'll run in anything greater than a 10k in these things. I can see myself getting hurt or having really sore legs if I race anything longer than a 10k.
Now all I need to do is get in 7 miles tonight and I'll end the week with 50 miles. Not bad, but not where I want to be.
And here's a picture of the new shoes.

No comments:
Post a Comment