Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend

Friday was a meager 4 miles and once again I called it quits. I ran after work to Tanya's parents house and had intended to run home, but I didn't have any energy to finish. I was pretty frustrated with my effort. So Saturday morning came and I met up with Jerry. We intended to run 17 or so miles, but called it quits after 2:00 hours of running (14.25 miles). The weather was brutal and the heat and humidity took it's toll on us. It was good having someone to run with, but I wasn't able to get the miles in that I intended to. I guess 14 was more than what I've been doing. It's not where I need to be at this stage, but there's not much I can do about that. So yesterday I went running at 7:00. The weather was perfect and the legs were feeling pretty good. The motivation was also there, so I had a lot going for me. I ran 10 miles and covered them in 6:38 (right at my Green Bay marathon pace). I felt really good and could have gone faster, but I told myself to keep it nice and steady.

I feel pretty good with my weekend effort. I wish I would have gotten a longer run in, but 24 for the weekend isn't too bad. Now I need to carry this forward into the week and end up with a 60 plus mile week.

No comments: