Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Feeling Good

Tonight's effort took me to my "hood" tonight. I ran 7 miles around my block. My neighborhood is a circle that's 1.1 miles. I didn't wear a watch tonight, but based on how I felt the first two miles were around 7:00 minute miles. Miles 2-4 were around 6:45 and the last 3 were around 6:35ish. I was clipping along the last 3 miles. The effort felt really good and the leg turn over was right where I wanted to be. I want to get 7 miles in tomorrow and Thursday then on Friday get a nice and easy 4 miles in on Friday. That will take me to 50 miles for the week. Saturday is Al's run which I'm pushing for a sub 30. From there I'll get 40 miles in next week and 35 to 40 the week after. Then it's race day, again; Lakefront! I'm shooting for a sub 2:57. Right now I'm a little tired. I'm just looking forward to some nice, easy miles for the next 2 weeks (other than this Saturday)

No comments: