It's been pretty rainy around here and I've been a wimp. Because I'm a wimp I've been inside getting my miles in. Next week should be better (at least no rain) so I should be able to get outside for some miles. Friday I got in 6 miles during lunch at the work gym. I set the treadmill at 6:58, ran the first mile, dropped it down to 6:40 for the second and then 6:28 for the third. Miles 3, 4 and 5 I did the opposite (6:28, 6:40 and 6:58). I was a little tired afterwards, but felt pretty good. I opted to skip my run on Saturday betting that the rain would go away on Sunday. Well, I was wrong! So, I went back to work on Sunday and ran 18 on the treadmill. I wanted to get 20 in, but I realized they don't have the air circulating in the building over the weekend, so it was hot with no air movement (Thank God no one was there as I was sweating like no tomorrow). So the 18 was run as follows:
Miles 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 at 6:58
Miles 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 at 7:30
Miles 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 at 6:58
Miles, 16, 17 and 18 at 7:30.
I took 2 gels, stopped once to go to the bathroom and another 3 or 4 times to get some water (I think I lost 10 pounds in sweat).
I feel like I slacked a little on today's run, but being the wimp I am I didn't feel like running in the rain. I guess at this point miles are miles. Let's just hope it's nice out tomorrow (and I have some free time) to sneak away for an outside run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment