Monday, October 6, 2008

Below average effort

I crashed and burned on Sunday after mile 15. My feet were so sore I wanted to just stop. I don’t know why. I have some theories, but nothing that I can really pin-point. For the first half of the race I felt really good. I got out a little fast, but maintained. Through 13.1 I was at 1:28 or 3 minutes faster than I wanted to. I maintained that pace through 15 and then the wheels just stopped. I got so frustrated I just turned the watch off. Long story short I walked and ran from 16 – 22 and then held an 8:00 pace for the last 4 miles. Overall I ended up with a 3:15:47 which was 20 minutes slower than I wanted to be. It’s a testament of the Marathon. Race day can kill you. I guess the good thing is I finished (Thanks to Tanya telling me not to quit). 3 marathons down. At this point I have no motivation of running and need a nice long break.

1 comment:

nwgdc said...

Dana-


Sorry to hear it didn't go well on Sunday. Take your break--no matter the outcome on Sunday, you've earned it!

I met Jerry at about mile 21 and found your blog via his.