Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekend Running

I took a half day off of work on Friday and thought I'd get a good 8 to 10 mile run in outside. That was side tracked with rain, sleet and snow. It didn't stop me totally and I was able to get 6 miles in before the cold got to me (I was under dressed). I left the watch at home, but I felt really good. 6:30's per mile if I had to guess. So for the week I got in 48 miles. Pretty good for a non-training week.

For the weekend I planned on taking Saturday off and get some good miles in today. Well, the late night drinking at Barley Pop with some friends had me over the toilet this morning (nothing like Captain Morgan coming up the the throat instead of going down). Needless to say it took me until 3:00 or so to finally feel "normal" and by that time I was at a basketball game. So unfortunately I didn't get any miles in this weekend. If I'm motivated I'll double up a couple days and get back in track. It should also help that we're going to AZ on Thursday to visit my mom and sister. The 75 degree weather could make for some nice running.

I'm not as young as I once was :)

No comments: