Yesterday, Ryan came over at 5:00am and we got in a 20 mile run. It was good to have another person with me for my long run and even better to be done with the run by 7:30am. It helped the miles go by. Ryan and I headed out the door and ran to the Bugline trail. It's about a 6 mile run to the trail so we ran the trail for 4 miles then turned around to come home.
Over all we ran the first ten in 6:59 and the second ten in 6:57. I started to "bonk" a bit and the legs were still tired from Thursday's fast effort. You know it's never good when Tanya takes a look at you and says "wow, you don't look so good". The lungs and breathing felt under control, but the legs were heavy and tired. I guess the good thing about the run was I had to come home. When you do an out and back route there's really only one way to get home; the same way you came. It also helped to have someone else with me. No excuses.
I'm glad I got the 20 in and I guess I can't complain with the times as I told Ryan I wanted to stay in the 7 minute range. I just wish it was more productive.
Today maybe a day off, but we'll see what the evening brings.
Miles this week - 65.1
Miles this month - 107.1
Days thus far in the month - 11
Days ran this month - 10
Days off this month - 1
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles in the month of March - 267 (Average 8.61 miles per day)
Miles this year - 820.6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment