Saturday, April 4, 2009

Weekend Recap

Well, I'm a little disappointed because I thought I had 70 miles in this week, but lost track of a few days. I guess that's why I should update this blog (and my running sheet) daily.

Friday we got an impromptu invite over to our neighbors house so we spent the evening over there. With that I wasn't able to run during the lunch hour and was looking forward to getting in 8 miles, but with the invite I had to cut it short. So I ran a quick 4. I left the watch at home, but was in the 6:30 range.

Today I woke up at 5:00 and met Chris and Tim at the Halles Corner park-n-ride. Chris and Tim are running the Kenosha marathon and they race director was having a build up run on the course. So we traveled down to Kenosha for a 7:00 run. Before we started Chris wanted to run 18 miles at a 7:00 pace. We were able to connect up with the race director and Chris and I ran the first 8 miles with him right on target. The race director wanted to stop at 10 miles so he headed back and Chris and I kept on going for another 10. I have to say it was nice running with someone. The pace was right were I needed it to be. The conversation helped the miles go by quickly and then course is perfect for a PR. So perfect I may just do the 1/2 there to prepare for Green Bay. I've even been thinking (THANKS CHRIS :) of doing the full marathon and then 2 weeks later doing the Green Bay Marathon. I thought Green Bay was flat! Kenosha is even more flat and runs along the Lakefront for 95% of the race. It could be a bitch if there's a wind, but the views are great. So today's 18 was what I needed from a motivation level. I've been doing my long runs pretty quickly, so to dial it back a little and to have someone there to hold some conversation was perfect.

When I got home I knew I needed to get some more miles in and had intended on getting in 8, but a spur of the moment "date night" with the wife came up. Once again, the time to get 8 miles in wasn't there so I settled for another 4. I left the watch at home, but clipped off the miles around 6:35 range. The legs felt great and I could have gone longer, but I didn't have the time. The date night was great, though. Well worth the 4 miles I had to give up. Not only was I able to spend some quality time with Tanya, but we went to Sabor and the meat/protein was what I needed. With all the miles today I was eating everything in sight.

So the week I was off my schedule by a few miles, but the quality the past couple of runs was great. Now if I can simulate race weekend like I had today, I'll be good. I'm suppose to have tomorrow off as a rest day, but I may get in a few miles. The legs are feeling good.



Miles this week - 66
Miles this month - 42
Days thus far in the month - 4
Days ran this month - 4
Days off this month - 0
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles in the month of March - 267 (Average 8.61 miles per day)
Miles this year - 755.5

No comments: