I opted to sleep in this morning so I didn't run until 2:00. I headed out the door, ran a loop around my block and headed out to Pilgrim. My run today was basically a 13 mile out and back down Pilgrim road. I have to say I wish today was race day. I originally wanted to run a nice and easy 13 miles, but I looked down at my watch and I was covering the miles a little above 6:30. The pace felt comfortable and the breathing was right on. I almost felt like I was taking a stroll in the park. The legs were moving and everything was effortless. God I can only dream that next week is just like this. The first half of the run I covered the miles averaging 6:33. The second half was 6:27, so I averaged 6:30 for the 13 miles. Too fast for a taper, but damn comfortable.
Next week I'm running Monday, Wednesday and Friday for 5 miles each day and I promise nothing fast than 7:00 minute miles.
Here's too a week of recovery!
Miles this week - 50
Miles this month - 64
Days thus far in the month - 9
Days ran this month - 7
Days off this month -2
Miles this year - 1049.2
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles in the month of March - 267 (Average 8.61 miles per day)
Miles in the month of April - 271.7 (Average 9.06 miles per day)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment