Sunday, May 3, 2009

Weekend Efforts

Friday was busy at work so I wasn't able to sneak away during lunch, nor was I able to run when I got home. It was 6:00 before I left work and we had dinner reservations at Jerry's at 6:15. So Friday was a unscheduled day off.

Saturday I was able to get 14 miles in. I ran around my neighborhood. For the first 9 I did my normal 8 mile route and tacked on another mile. I ran by my house at mile 9 and saw Tanya mowing the lawn; it was a nice surprise. So I stopped, thanked her for mowing , dropped the watch at home and headed out for the last 5.

I wanted to run the 14 miles a little faster than race pace. The legs felt good and the turn over was right where I wanted it to be. I did get a little tired towards the end, but for the first 9 I averaged 6:27. Even though I didn't have my watch with me for the last 5 miles the pace was pretty close to where the first 9 were.

I have 2 weeks left before my race. Now I need to keep my legs and speed, but allow myself to rest a little more. As much as I love this part of the training I feel like I'm slacking when I'm not putting on the miles.

I'll get out tonight and get a few miles in. Then it's just maintaining like I did this week.

Miles this week - 50
Miles this month - 14
Days thus far in the month - 2
Days ran this month - 1
Days off this month -1
Miles this year - 999.2
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles in the month of March - 267 (Average 8.61 miles per day)
Miles in the month of April - 271.7 (Average 9.06 miles per day)

1 comment:

Jerry said...

yep - - you're slacking alright. one mile short of 1000 for the year and it's already may 3rd. ;)