Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Eminem, Black Eye'd Pea's, 311, Smashing Pumkins

All of these guys helped me with my 10 mile run today. I've been dealing with a lack of motivation so today's run was assisted with my I-Pod. Before I get into today's run let me write a short update of the past couple of days.

Monday - Off
Tuesday - I was going to two 5 mile runs, but I only got one in. That was 5 miles on the treadmill at a 6:40 pace.

Then today's run. Work has been a little crazy, so I snuck away at 2:00 and got a 10 mile run in. My motivation was there, but I knew that if I didn't get the run in I would have issues tonight. So I went to the locker room and got my clothes on. By this time I still wasn't motivated, but once I turned the music on and hit the trail I was pretty stoked to be running. The legs felt good and the miles were coming pretty easy. I did a 5 mile out and back. I did the first 5 miles in a 6:12 and the return home in 6:00 (last mile was a 5:45). Granted, the path I ran was pancake flat (a slight grade going out), but the body felt good. I wasn't tired and I felt like I could go at that pace for a few more miles.

It felt good to get a good, quality run in. It also helps with the motivation issues.

Miles this week - 20.1
Miles this month - 15
Days thus far in the month - 3
Days ran this month - 2
Days off this month -1
Miles this year - 1190.5
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles in the month of March - 267 (Average 8.61 miles per day)
Miles in the month of April - 271.7 (Average 9.06 miles per day)
Miles in the month of May - 190.3 (Averaging 6.14 miles per day - Marathon month)

No comments: