Friday, June 26, 2009

Two day recap

Yesterday was a busy day at work so I couldn't run until after. But before I could run I needed to mow the lawn. So I spent an hour mowing the lawn and then went out for a 4 mile run. Tanya and Simone weren't home yet, so I thought I'd split my run up in two; two 4 mile efforts.


The first 4 miles was a relaxed run without too much effort. Given the heat and I just mowed the lawn I figured I needed to dial it back a bit. I was in the upper 6 minute range - - just guessing though.

After dinner and putting Simone down for bed I went out for another 4 mile effort. I ran the same route, but picked up the pace a bit. The legs felt good and the turn over was right where I wanted it to be. I again left the watch at home, but I was in the 6:30 range.

Then today I opted to stay inside. There's a 5K that I'm looking at tomorrow and if I do do it I don't want to pound the legs anymore than what I need to. So today was an 8 mile run at a 6:40 pace. Today's run wasn't too bad, but the legs were a little sore; also the motivation wasn't there, so that didn't help any.

I don't know what I'm going to do about the 5K tomorrow. I think I'm going to play it by ear and if I feel like it in the morning I may just go and run it.

Miles this week - 51.1
Miles this month - 189.1
Days thus far in the month - 26
Days ran this month - 20
Days off this month -5
Miles this year - 1364.6
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles in the month of March - 267 (Average 8.61 miles per day)
Miles in the month of April - 271.7 (Average 9.06 miles per day)
Miles in the month of May - 190.3 (Averaging 6.14 miles per day - Marathon month)

No comments: