Today was my last semi "normal" run. Tomorrow's run will be a nice and easy 8 miles with a day off on Saturday. Then Sunday is race day.
Today's run was one of those that I could have gone forever. Everything was clicking and I handled the miles exactly how I had planned. The stride was dead on and the ankle felt pretty good.
As I've written before I'm taking this taper a little different. I've slowed up a few of the miles and am taking it "easier", but I'm not doing a "normal" taper. I want to keep my legs fresh, but don't want them to forget some of the speed. We'll see come Sunday if it works. Today's splits were as follows:
Mile 1 - 6:40
Mile 2 - 6:28
Mile 3 - 6:18
Mile 4 - 7:13
Mile 5 - 6:40
Mile 6 - 6:28
Mile 7 - 6:18
Mile 8 - 7:13
Miles this week - 32
Miles this month - 128
Miles this year - 128
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment