I rounded out the week with a 10 mile run outside. I haven't run outside for 3 weeks now. The motivation thanked me, but the legs had a different response. I took it pretty slow the first couple of miles (7:30 pace), but then found my groove (6:45ish). The ankle held up pretty good, but I could still tell it wasn't 100%; stiff, a little sore, but nothing like the pain I was feeling a few weeks ago (and today I everything feels great).
Overall the run was good, but I was cautious. The last thing I wanted to do was twist something on the ice. I have to say, though, that I feel like I've slumped it this month. We're a little more than 1/2 way through and I only have 96 miles (and this week is a semi-taper week). For Sunday, I don't think I'm in my peek marathon shape, but I have to start thinking about my recovery and Boston training. I may try a different approach for this Sunday's race. Instead of switching off between 6 miles and 2 miles I may just stay at 8 or 9 miles, but drop the pace to 8:00. We'll see what Monday brings. My body is starting to crave longer weekly miles. Do I sub come to that knowing that I have a Marathon next Sunday? Can I use next Sunday's run as the start of a decent week of miles and not take a day of that week? hmmmm - - - guess the body will tell me what I should do!
Miles this week - 50
Miles this month - 96
Miles this year - 96
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Dana,
Take it from the OLD marathoner. Take a few days off after the marathon. I ran with Jerry a few weeks ago at the Pettit Center and that track is as hard as can be. I concentrated on running softly, like on eggs. I can't imagine a marathon on that surface.
Tom Cameron
Post a Comment