Not only have I dialed back the miles, I haven't been writing about my efforts. I don't know if it's a lack of motivation, being lazy or a combination of both. So since last Monday here's what I've done.
Tuesday - 7 miles. I felt good and could have gone longer, but packed it in after 7
Wednesday and Thursday - Off
Friday - 4 miles. I left the watch at home so I don't know what the effort was. If I had to take a guess I was in the mid 6:30 range
Saturday - Met with Jerry and Jeff for a 2 hour, 13.5 mile run. The pace was slower than what I would normally go, but to be honest it was good to run at this pace. Not only was the conversation good, but after the 12th mile my legs were begging me to stop. It was a good change of pace to get out and enjoy the run.
Sunday - Off
Monday - Speed work out. I did 5 miles and negative split all of them. The miles went as follows:
6:25, 6:18, 6:16, 5:53 and 5:50.
I felt great and could have gone longer, but with no long races planed I decided to just stop. I was also running from my house to Tanya's parents, so I knew that I was going to be done after 5.
So my next steps! I think I'm going to focus on the shorter distances for the next couple of months. The legs are responding well to the speed, so I may forgo the longer miles and see what I can do in the 5 or 10K range.
Miles this week - 5
Miles this month - 76.9
Miles this year - 877.1
January Miles - 170 (Average 5.48 per day)
February Miles - 235.5 (Average 8.41 per day)
March Miles - 258.5 (Average 8.34 per day)
April Miles - 136.2 (Average 4.54 per day) Marathon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment