Thursday was a 6 mile "recovery" run. I didn't wear my watch and did a recovery run on how I felt. I took it slow and by feel I was around a 7:15 pace (should have been a 7:30). The legs were a little shot from Wednesday's workout (which they should have been)
Friday I wasn't able to run. Tanya had to go do somethings and she didn't get home until after 9. On a Friday evening I wasn't going to go running, so I took it as a day off. I was suppose to run 8. I'll just move it to Monday where I have a scheduled day off.
Saturday - Decided to sleep in and catch up on my rest. We woke up and went to the State Fair. We were there for 4 hours, so a lot of walking in the heat. The hardest part of the Fair is to watch what you eat. So, I had a Hamburger and a Potato - - Nothing fried and I passed on all the other junk food. After the Fair I went on my run. I went into the run thinking I was going to run some extra miles to make up for yesterday, but decided against it. I was suppose to run 20 at a 7:00 to 7:15 pace and throw in a couple MP miles in there. I ran on the Bug Line trail and let's just say I ran a bit quicker than I was suppose to, but I felt good - - especially in this heat and at 3:00pm. The splits were as follows:
1 - 6:47
2 - 6:52 (took a little bit to get the legs going. The stride was a little choppy, but not too bad)
3 - 6:53
4 - 6:50 (started to feel good at this point. It took a lot to keep the pace under control. took a GU)
5 - 6:47
6 - 6:46 (re-filled my water bottle)
7 - 6:43 (legs felt great at this point - at times I was in the 6:20 range)
8 - 6:43 (Took a GU)
9 - 6:32 (started to pick up the pace because I knew the next mile was going to be at MP)
10 - 5:57 (faster than MP and I knew it, but I wanted to open it up a bit)
Average 6:41
11 - 6:16 (dialed it back, but wanted it close to MP)
12 - 6:05 (felt more controlled than mile 10 and was a good mile. Took a GU and refilled my water bottle)
13 - 6:38 ( mile felt slow even though it was sub 6:40)
14 - 6:40 (still tough to keep the miles slower. Felt great and could have held this pace)
15 - 6:48 (decided to slow it down a bit and attempt to keep it in the 6:50 range - - very hard to do)
16 - 6:47 (started to hit a wall, but still tough to slow it down. Took a GU)
17 - 6:04 (wanted one last MP split. A little more difficult to hit this pace. Pretty darn hot at this point, but legs were still good. Breathing was still under control)
18 - 6:43
19 - 6:34 (Figured 2 miles left so I wanted to open it up a bit. I just with it. A little sluggish, but not too bad)
20 - 6:31
Average 6:31
Today's run was way too fast, but it was a heck of a run; especially in this heat. It gave me a little more confidence for the marathon on the 27th. I'm feeling pretty good and am not too stiff. I've been forcing myself to drink more fluids than normal and I'll get a good stretch in before bed (heck, I even went on a mile or so walk with the family tonight). So given all the walking and outside activities I'm pretty pleased. I am, though, looking forward to tomorrow's recovery run - - - I promise I'll slow it down tomorrow :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment