Monday, May 26, 2008

Warm and sunny Monday

By the time I got home last night the wind, lighting and rain had come so I wasn't able to run. I had intended on running in the evening, but it was either stay close to home or become apart of KFC's new crispy menu - - - I decided to stay close to home.

So earlier this afternoon I decided to go out for 7.5 miles and come back for a total of 15 miles. Prior to heading out I plotted my effort for the day. I would try and go out for the first 3 miles at or around 6:30, slow it down to 6:45 for mile 4 and then go under 6:00 for mile 5. For the rest of the miles (miles 6, 7 and 7.5) I would slow it back down to 6:45. Then on the way back I would attempt the same tempo and pace. Over all, I was able to hit my times (the under 6:00 miles were 5:52 and 5:43 and the overall pace was 6:31 on the way out and 6:29 on the way back), but the sun and warmth today took a little bit out of me and caused me to stop around mile 13 for a 20 second breather.

The first 7.5 were pretty easy, but the return home was more of a challenge. Tomorrow's weather is suppose to be 20 degrees cooler so the run should feel better.

No comments: