Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Feeling good

Tuesday came and went and I didn't get any running in. Simone was supposed to stay the night at Oma's and Opa's, but that didn't work out. I was betting on that happening so I could get a run in during the evening time. It was just Simone and I as Tanya was out with an old work friend. But today was a different story. I wasn't able to run during the lunch hour (what is new), but I did come home and get 4.75 miles in. I left the watch at home and went on a nice "jog". The legs felt good and after I was doing good. Simone is up North with Oma and Opa (we're going up on Friday) so Tanya and I had planned on dinner and shopping. Because of that I split my run up in 2; the first was the 4.75 and then 7 miles after shopping and dinner. The 7 miles felt even better than the 4.75. Still no watch as I didn't want to focus on times. I just wanted to run and loose myself in the moment. If I had to guess I was some where between 6:45 and 6:55 per mile.

With the weather we've been having I couldn't ask for anything better. I'm shooting for a longer run tomorrow so I can take Friday off as we'll be traveling 4 hours to go up North. I also plan on running 20 on Saturday, so the day off before that run might do me good.

So far I'm up to 44 for the week with 2 days left of running (Thursday and Friday). If I get in 10 or 11 tomorrow I'll finally be at a semi-decent week. Not where I was in April, but not too bad. All I need now are the long runs. Only 38 or so day's until Lakefront

No comments: