9 miles seems to be my magical number lately. Last night, I again, ran 9 miles around my block. At 9:00pm I grabbed the headphones, put on my red blinky light and headed out the door. The weather was perfect. Low 60's, a little damp and no wind. I ran the first 4.5 miles going one way around my block and averaged 6:44. A little faster than expected, like 45 seconds faster than I wanted, but I was feeling really good. I turned around at 4.5 miles and went the other direction around my block. I had intended to slow it down a bit, but I actually started picking it up. I covered the second 4.5 miles averaging 6:35 miles. The last two miles were 6:22 and 6:20. Faster than I wanted, but I felt really good. So good that I wish last night was race day because I could have carried yesterday's run further.
So today will be 9 miles on the treadmill. After today's effort it's time to dial it back. Next Sunday is Lakefront so I'll taper down to 30 or so miles next week; I'm looking forward to that. A little tired these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment