I'm on my taper week. I thought this time would never come. Last week I was sick and didn't get the miles in that I wanted, but overall that maybe a good thing. I took Friday off and got in 8 miles at the gym on Saturday. We had a wedding in the Chicago area on Saturday and dropped Simone off at Oma's and Opa's around 9:00. We had a few hours so I opted to go to the gym with Tanya. She did her thing and I hopped on the treadmill. I had originally thought I'd take it easy, but I felt really good. I started at 6:58 for mile 1. Picked the pace up to 6:45 on mile 2. Dropped it back down to 6:58 for mile 3 and then 7:30 for mile 4. I thought I'd do the same for miles 5-8. Mile 5 I stayed on course and ran it in 6:58, but I then set the treadmill to 6:32. I held that pace for miles 6, 7 and 8. I felt really good and could have gone that pace longer.
Tanya and I stayed in Chicago on Saturday and my alcohol consumption didn't lend to me running today. Something about an open bar with top shelf liquor that did it for me :). Also the shopping we did most of the day today. I had planned on not running today, anyway.
So the rest of my week will be nice and easy. I plan on no more than 35 or 40 miles this week with most of those miles on the treadmill. I'll get out a time or two outside, but the treadmill at this stage is a blessing for my legs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment