Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday's Effort

Because I'm too tired I'm not going to write too much about today's effort. Jerry did a good job at his write up so take a peek at http://jerrycameron.com/ In summary I met up with Jerry and Jeff for a 22 mile effort. When the alarm went off at 4:50 I almost called and told Jerry that I wasn't going to make it, but I'm glad I didn't. The weather and company was good and it helped me cover the miles. It was a little bit of a struggle making the whole distance, but the pace wasn't too bad so I tucked in, bitched a bit, but sucked it up. We did the run averaging 8:09 miles.

I needed this run. I've been in a running funk lately, so to finally get some good miles in helped. I'm a little sore tonight, but not too bad. I think I'm taking tomorrow off, but if the legs feel good I may get in a few miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crack it down the next month. Do 800s, a 20k tempo and 5k or 2 mile time trials. Run long the day after Al's and put some bite into it if you can. 45 miles 3 weeks out, 30 two weeks out and real light the last week. I like 2 miles fairly hard the Tuesday before the marathon and then real easy. Your just a kid, don't believe what all the books tell you. Good luck, you are running well.

Double