Yesterday it felt good to get outside and get some miles in. I had originally planned on a 12 mile run, but cut it back to 10. At the 5 mile spot I just wanted to be done. It didn't help that Tanya and I went on a 3.5 mile hike at Pike Lake a couple hours before my run.
So Sunday's run was an out and back that took me down Pilgrim most of the way. It's about a mile and a 1/2 from my house to Pilgrim. The hike did a number on my legs and my hamstrings were tight as a rock. It took me 4 or so miles to finally work them loose and feel like I had some pep in my step. I covered the first 5 miles in 6:37. I had a nasty head wind going out, but the effort seemed pretty easy; other than the legs feeling like a ton of bricks. When I turned around I had intended to stay around the 6:40 to 6:45 range, but the tail wind pushed me along. I clipped off the first mile at 6:15. From there I dialed it back knowing that Main street to County Line Q was a pretty decent hill and would kill me if I maintained the speed I was going at. Overall I covered the last 5 in 6:24. Too fast, but pretty comfortable.
My legs are pretty shot today, but I should be able to get in 8 during the lunch hour. Today's effort will be nice and easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment