Man, is this week over? I think my motivation went from "yeah, this is a good week" to "fuck it, I just want to sleep!" I guess there's a whole slew of things that have me in that "funk" mood; work, winter, cold, snow so on and so forth. Because of this funk I settled again for the treadmill. I guess I should be happy that I actually ran. I was close to not even strapping on the sneakers and saving that hour to sneak out of work early (I may do that anyways).
Today's run was another 8 mile effort. I ran the miles as follows:
Mile 1 - 9.3 mph (6:28)
Mile 2 - 9.7 mph (6:11)
Mile 3 - 10.0 mph (6:00)
Mile 4 - 8.6 mph (6:58)
Mile 5 - 9.3 (6:28)
Mile 6 - 9.7 (6:11)
Mile 7 - 10.0 (6:00)
Mile 8 - 8.6 (6:58)
I felt pretty good. The leg turn over was on and the breathing was under control. It was the mental game that I had to get through. I want to get in at least 10 miles tomorrow so I have a 50 plus week and over 240 for the month, but I have to be careful on my speed. I'm running in a 5K on Sunday and want to save some of the faster miles for that race. We'll see, though as I plan on getting up early on Sunday and running at the Pettit for 8 to 10 miles before the race (a shorter repeat to the 20 miles Ryan, Jerry and I did before running the 5K Gary's Gallop).
Miles this week - 40
Miles this month - 233
Miles this year - 233
Days thus far in the month - 30
Days ran this month - 25
Days off this month - 5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm with you on this one. I'm a bit burned out so took today off, and tomorrow I'm going to run/hike a couple hours on the ice age trail, just to liven it up. I have no access to a treadmill (haven't tried very hard though, either) so the weather is really starting to wear on me.
those are some AMAZING splits! PR in GB!
Post a Comment