Friday, January 2, 2009

Wednesday and Thursday

I was blessed to work on Wednesday so I took some time during lunch and cranked out 9 miles on the treadmill. The legs were a little sluggish, but after a couple miles I worked though things and found my stride. It was an easy work out. I just set the pace at 6:58, the TV to the movie "Elf" and ran. Yesterday was New Years Day and brought me to the streets in my neighborhood in the evening. We went over to some friends house during the day and with all of the food I needed to run. I geared up and headed out the door. There was a nice breeze, but all-in-all the weather was good. The roads, though, still had some ice patches so I had to be careful. I wore my watch on this run. I covered the first mile in 6:35 and realized I needed to dial it back a bit. I covered the 8 miles averaging 6:48. Not to bad considering the hills and ice patches I had to deal with. So today I'm back at work and will be on the treadmill again. I have 42 miles in this week with one more day to run. I'll get at least 8 miles in, but will try and stay motivated for 9; get me over that 50 mile mark this week. Finally a decent week of miles.

No comments: