Monday, January 5, 2009

Weekend

What started out as a good week last week didn't finish as a good week. Work was crazy on Friday so I wasn't able to run at work. I had intended to run after work, but something wasn't sitting right in my stomach and I was on the "pot" most of the evening. Saturday I got in an 8 mile run outside. I felt really good and covered the distance in 6:38. With the wind it was a pretty good effort. I was then going to get in another few miles Saturday evening and once I took a step outside I knew I wasn't going to go far; ice. The driveway and streets were a sheet of ice. The melting of the snow froze over and there was a light glaze of ice all over. I woke up Sunday to go to church and everything was the same way - - - ice. Through out the day things didn't get any better. We were able to creep out in our car, but our neighborhood was not in good shape. Others weren't too bad and the main roads were fine, but the neighborhoods were in no shape to run in. So with that I stayed at home and didn't run. So today I brought 2 changes of clothes. I want to get a run in at lunch and then after work. We'll see how that one goes.

No comments: