Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend Recap

Saturday came and went without and miles on my legs, so I had to make Sunday count. That being said it was going to be tough to get a long run in on Sunday with everything we had going on during the day. So I had to break up my run into two. I ran a total of 16 miles (8 and 8). I did the first 8 around 12:30pm with the pace around 6:35. I didn't have my Garmin on, just my old Timex. But based on the overall time I was doing pretty good. Even though I did a 4 mile loop in my neighborhood the conditions were still pretty slick. Some of the streets still have packed snow and the corners were pretty slick. All-in-all I felt pretty good.

The second half of the run was around 6:45pm. It was what I would consider a typical winter night; clear, fullish moon, weather cold, but very peaceful. For the second run I didn't wear a watch, but the pace was close to the first run, maybe 10 or so seconds slower per mile. The legs felt good and it was nice to have the peace fullness of the night to call my own.

My legs are a little sore today, but nothing that I can't handle. I'm in a meeting from 9:00 - 4:00 today so I hope I can get some miles in later on tonight.

No comments: