Yesterday was a bust. Work was busy and the last thing that I wanted to do was run in the evening time. With that, though, I drug my butt out the door at 7:30pm and ran for a whole 2 miles! Not only did I have no motivation it was cold, slick and I was getting up at 6:00am to meet Jerry at the Pettit. So with Friday's "run" (if that's what you want to call it) I had 40 miles in going into my last running day of the week.
This morning Jerry and I met for a 91 minute run with a lot of left turns. We ran at the Pettit which is a National Speed Skating arena, but has a 2 lane running track. I had originally started the run thinking I would run a mile with Jerry, pick it up the next mile, run a mile with Jerry and then continue that "fartlek" training for 12 or so miles. Well, I made it 3 times doing it that way and we met up with Chris P., the race director of the Indoor Marathon we volunteered at last week, so we put it on cruise control, chatted and then ran the rest of the time as a group. Honestly it was nice to have the guys there to chat with.
We didn't count our laps, but If I had to take a guess I got in 12 miles. That maybe a little high as Jerry is anticipating 10.5. I don't know if the 3 fast miles equals an extra 1.5 above Jerry. Oh well, I'm above 50 for the week, so for the sake of tracking my miles I'll just say I did 12. And my 3 fast miles I may have been a little short with my markers (The track is 443 meter track which is about 3.6 laps per mile). My first fast mile was 5:23, the second was 5:03 and the third was 5:02. I know I was going fast, but I didn't think I was going that fast. I guess I still have some pep left in my step :)
Miles this week - 52
Miles this month - 193
Miles this year - 193
Days thus far in the month - 24
Days ran this month - 20
Days off this month - 4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment