I had originally intended to run at work on the treadmill due to it raining outside. Well, the work day got a head of me and I wasn't able to run; which turned into a good thing. Reason being is I was able to get outside and get some good miles in. Tanya went to the store after dinner so I headed out for an 8 mile run. My motivation wasn't originally there, but after I clipped off the first mile I felt much better. So much better that I covered the 8 miles averaging 6:24. Given the wind and the hills around my neighborhood this was one of my better training runs. My mile splits were:
Mile 1 - 6:29
Mile 2 - 6:29
Mile 3 - 6:22
Mile 4 - 6:30
Mile 5 - 6:29
Mile 6 - 6:24
Mile 7 - 6:25
Mile 8 - 6:07
As you can tell I picked up the pace a bit for the last mile. The part of the run that I didn't like was the overcast sky's and the wind. When I left to run I under-estimated the weather and only wore a technical shirt. I could have used another layer. Oh-well lessons learned.
So what I thought was going to be a bad run turned into a good one. This is proof as to just getting out the door is half the battle.
Miles this week - 24
Miles this month - 68
Miles in the month of January - 241
Miles this year - 309
Days thus far in the month - 11
Days ran this month -9
Days off this month - 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment