Sunday, February 22, 2009

The left foot book

Saturday's run got me thinking alot of a book Simone likes us to read to her; the foot book. The book starts out stating "left foot, left foot, right foot, right . . .". Saturday's run was a lot of left foots or more so left turns. I went to the Pettit around 4:00 pm and ran 12 miles. Running at the Pettit in the afternoon is a lot different than in the AM. There were maybe 10 people on the track and a whole slew of people ice skating which was kind of nice.

I split my run into 2 sections. After 21 laps (or 5.85 miles) I had to go to the bathroom something fierce. The ice cream I had a few hours earlier wasn't sitting well. That didn't stop me from having a good first 6 miles. I ran the first section in 35:35 or about 6 minute miles. Before I started the other 21 laps I jogged a lap to make up for the .30 I was missing by only running 21 laps.

I covered my second leg (or 21 laps) in 36:06. I had originally stopped at 20 laps not knowing I double clicked my lap counter, so after checking my splits I sprinted one final lap. So my second 1/2 of the run was a little over 6 minute miles.

I felt pretty good, but when you have ideal conditions it's hard not to blaze through the race.

And then we have today. I finally took a day off. I could (and probably should have) gotten out and run, but I was beat. After running yesterday I went over to a friends house and us guys played PS3 for most of the night. I only had 2 beers, but the amount of diet soda kept me on a caffeine high for most of the night. I got home around midnight, but didn't fall asleep until 4:30am. Needless to say that made for a sluggish day today (especially when your daughter gets up at 7:30am). So today was a day of rest. I've run 13 straight days and actually had it scheduled to take today off.

So for last week I got in 64 miles. Most of them inside, but 64 miles in the middle of winter isn't too bad.

Miles this week - 0
Miles this month - 154
Miles in the month of January - 241
Miles this year - 395
Days thus far in the month - 22
Days ran this month -19
Days off this month - 3

No comments: