Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I hate the hamster

Pretty reliant on the treadmill lately. Even though the weather isn't too bad my motivation to put on my outside garb during work hours is zilch. So yesterday I ran 8 miles on the treadmill. I did the splits as follows:

Mile 1- 9.3 mph (6:29 mile)
Mile 2 - 9.5 mph (6:18 mile)
Mile 3 - 9.3 mph (6:29 mile)
Mile 4 - 9.5 mph (6:18 mile)
Mile 5 - 9.3 mph (6:29 mile)
Mile 6 - 9.5 mph (6:18 mile)
Mile 7 - 9.3 mph (6:29 mile)
Mile 8 - 9.5 mph (6:18 mile)

The run was pretty easy and I felt pretty good.

Today's run was also on the treadmill. You know I've been going to the work gym way too much when I have random people on the treadmill ask me if I'm that "marathon guy" who starts the treadmill at 9.0 and goes "forever". I wasn't expecting that to come out in our casual conversation, but it's amazing at how red I got by that comment. I then heard a few people look at my treadmill and comment "he's always going at that speed" and "I don't know how he does it". I guess the comments were flattering, but a sign that I'm there way too much. So today's effort was 9 miles. I did the splits as:

Mile 1 - 9.0 mph (6:40 mile)
Mile 2 - 9.3 mph (6:29 mile)
Mile 3 - 9.5 mph (6:18 mile)
Mile 4 - 9.0 mph (6:40 mile)
Mile 5 - 9.3 mph (6:29 mile)
Mile 6 - 9.5 mph (6:18 mile)
Mile 7 - 9.0 mph (6:40 mile)
Mile 8 - 9.3 mph (6:29 mile)
Mile 9 - 9.5 mph (6:18 mile)

The legs today felt better than yesterday. I could have done a few more sets at the same pace. If I can swing it I may get out tonight for a few miles. I need to get outside.

Miles this week - 17
Miles this month - 171
Miles in the month of January - 241
Miles this year - 412
Days thus far in the month - 24
Days ran this month -21
Days off this month - 3

No comments: