Friday, February 27, 2009

New Shoes

I've been running the past couple of day's in a new pair of shoes. They are the same brand and model as the previous 2 pairs and I haven't had any issues with breaking in the other pairs. This pair, though, are doing something fierce to my big toes. I don't know if it's just the treadmill running, but man am I banging the hell out of my toes. I only have three runs in the shoes (one outside and two inside) and after today's run I noticed my big toe nails starting to turn black. Right now, post run by an hour, I can feel the pressure in my big toe. I may need to tighten them up a bit, or stay the hell off the treadmill, but man, do my toes hurt.

That being said I ran 8 miles today. With the cold and icy roads outside I stayed inside. I started my run at 9.0 mph (6:40 miles), but after mile 6 the legs started to get sore and my damn toes started to hurt. So I dialed it back to 8.6 mph or 6:58 miles. It's going to be an interesting run tomorrow. I want to get 18 to 20 in, but may need to switch back to my other shoes until I work through the fit of the new ones. My plan for tomorrow is to get up at 5:00 and crank through the miles. Nice and easy 7:30 pace which will be 2.5 hours - - - plenty of time on my feet this early into the training.

Miles this week - 42.5
Miles this month - 196.5
Miles in the month of January - 241
Miles this year - 437.5
Days thus far in the month - 27
Days ran this month -24
Days off this month - 3

No comments: