Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend Recap

So Saturday's run wasn't as productive as I wanted it to be. I originally wanted to get up early and get 20 miles in, but the neighbors came over. A few drinks later the thought of getting up early was only that - - - a thought. So I woke up Saturday and went to Simone's swim lesson's. When that was over I went over to Ryan's and helped him move. Needless to say 6 hours of lifting was a great workout in of itself. When I got home the last thing I wanted to do was run. I strapped on the shoes and intended to get the 20 miles in, but after 9 called it quits. I took it easy (6:52 pace), but the body was a ball of jello. So I said a few choice words and headed inside. So the week wasn't as productive as what I wanted it to be:

Miles this week - 51.5
Miles this month - 205.5
Miles in the month of January - 241
Miles this year - 446.5
Days thus far in the month - 28
Days ran this month -25
Days off this month - 3

Sunday was another crazy day. With church and all the little "to do's" I wasn't able to run until later on in the evening. And with that I had to break it up into 2 runs. I headed out the door at 6:20 and ran the first half of my 15 mile run. It took a few miles to get the kinks out, but all-in-all it was a pretty good run. It was, though, pretty darn cold and windy. I would say the wind chill was in the single digits. I got done a little after 7:00 and headed inside to play with Simone before she went to bed. After we laid her down I geared up and did laps around my block. The circle I live in is a 1.1 mile loop so I did that 7 times. Pretty boring, but a good workout. It's a slight incline, so there was some effort there. I left the watch at home, so I don't know how "fast" I was going, but if I had to guess I was in the 6:40 range. Not too crazy, but enough of a workout.

So I didn't get my 20 miler in. I'm a little disappointed, but looking forward to the Florida weather this week (vacation). We're leaving on Wednesday and will be there for a week. So I hope to get some back to back long runs in - - - - hope is the key word there. I am, though, on a 7 day running streak with my next scheduled day off of next Sunday. With being in Florida I may try and run the whole time. That would put me at 16 or 17 straight days. Now I have to be able to juggle family time with running time!!!!!!!!


Miles this week - 15
Miles this month - 15
Days thus far in the month - 1
Days ran this month - 1
Days off this month - 0
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles this year - 446.5

No comments: