Saturday's run was cut short due to several factors; some snow, German play group with Simone, Tanya wanting to work out and then some Valentines Day plans. My original plan was to get in 12 to 14 miles in, but I only had time for 6. I ran around my neighborhood for 6 miles averaging 6:39. The legs were tired and the turn over wasn't were I wanted it to be. With the 6 miles I ended the week with a disappointing 46 miles.
Then today. I am now at the start of my 13 week "training" plan and I originally had Sunday as my off day, but missing my longer run yesterday propelled me out the door for a 14 mile run (It also helped that Simone was at Oma and Opa's house). I knew going into the run I was going to dial it back a bit and get out there and enjoy the run. Needless to say it was sunny out, but it was a little chilly (15 degrees) and windy. I started my run feeling really good and clipped the first mile off at 6:23. Knowing I had a long way to go I dialed it back and maintained a 6:45 for the first half of my run (Basically an out and back run down Pilgrim Road). When I left to run I wanted to get 13 in so I turned around at 6.75 miles covering the distance in a 6:45 mile pace; faster than I really wanted to, but I felt good and the effort was easy. I felt under control and it almost felt like a slow pace. The leg turn over was ok, nothing to write home about, but the breathing was controlled and I was in a rhythm with the pace. The trip back home was a lot like the first half of the run; under control, not a blazing speed and not too much of an effort to cover the miles. I hit my neighborhood at 13 miles and figured I'd tack one extra one for good measure. I covered the second half of the run averaging 6:46 miles.
I'm pretty pleased with this longer run. The legs feel good and I look forward to a good week of running.
Miles this week - 14
Miles this month - 104
Miles in the month of January - 241
Miles this year - 345
Days thus far in the month - 15
Days ran this month -13
Days off this month - 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment