Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Florida Recap

So I feel a little like rev run. I'm on my blackberry writing my confessional only I'm not in a bathtub but on the plane. I'll copy this down to my blog when I land. I figured I have two hours so I might as well write about what I ran over the week. First let me say I loved the 80 degree weather, but trying to fit in running with family time got a little difficult. I couldn't drag myself out of bed early so it really only left the middle of the middle of the day, when it was in the mid 80's or late at night on the treadmill. So most of the time I was running when Simone was sleeping ----- 1:00pm or so.

Now my runs! The 4 mile loop I ran was flat as a pancake and my times were quick. I don't know if it was the sunshine or lower elevation, but when I wasn't paying attention to my watch (when I was wearing one) I was clipping off the miles under 6:00 miles. It was easier for me to run, from a pace and time perspective, outside than on the treadmill. So the breakdown of my week is as follows:

Wednesday - took the day off as we were traveling and by the time we got to the condo it was late.

Thursday - 8 miles outside at a 6:24 pace and then another 6 on the treadmill at a 6:58 pace. Tanya wanted to workout, but didn't want to beat the clubhouse alone at 10pm.

Friday - 8 miles without the watch, but by the feel of the run I was in the low 6:20 range. I also ran after 6 hours of walking at Busch Gardens (had to be at least 8 miles of walking) and then Tanya and I went on a fast walk outside, in the evening, for 3 miles.

Saturday - I ran 8.5 miles and swung by the condo for some water. It was in the upper 80's. After the first 4.25 miles I reset the watch and noticed I clipped along at a 6:23 pace. On the route home (this was the only time I ventured down the highway into town) I covered the other 4.25 miles averaging 6:14. I dropped the watch off, got some fluids and did another 4 miles at what felt a high 6:20 pace. Over all for the day I got in 12.5 miles.

So for the week I ended up with 6 days of running at, I believe 65.5 miles. Not bad for a travel week and family vacation

Miles this week - 65.5
Miles this month - 65.5
Days thus far in the month - 7
Days ran this month - 6
Days off this month - 1
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles this year - 512

Sunday - I took off. Tanya and I met some friends in fort myers and with the 3 hour drive each way (sitting in traffic was one of those hours ---each way) I wasn't able to run.

Monday - I ran 12 miles. It was in the upper 80's again so after 5 miles I got some fluids, reset the watch, ran another 5, got some fluids and then ran a 2 mile cool down. I did the first 5 miles averaging 6:25. The second 5 was at 6:30 and the cool down wasn't timed.

Tuesday - we went to the beach for most of the day so I was tired. Tanya and I convinced each other to go to the gym. I ran 8 miles on the treadmill. I ran 3 at 6:40 pace, 1 at 6:58, 3 at 6:40 and then the last 1at 6:58.

Then today, Wednesday, I haven't ran yet, but I may try and get some miles in tonight. We will see how I feel. We don't land until 5:00 and buy the time I get home its going to be 6:30ish. So far for the week I have 20 miles in on 3 days of running (one of those being an off day).

All-in-all it was a very good running week. Now I need to get some longer runs in this weekend.

Miles this week - 20
Miles this month - 85.5
Days thus far in the month - 11
Days ran this month - 8
Days off this month - 3
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles this year - 532

No comments: