I took the easy way out on Wednesday and didn't run. The flight and laziness took too much out of me (plus the single digit weather) so I decided not to run. Thursday I wasn't able to run during the lunch hour. Her daycare sings happy birthday to the kids and today was Simone's day to get happy birthday sung to her (her birthday was on Saturday). On top of that she got to pick her favorite song to sing. Tanya and I felt wanted to be up there when they sang to her. I was amazed at all the parents that come and join the kids for music. Makes you wonder what these people do all day?
None-the-less I wasn't able to run until the evening time. I originally was going to run 8 miles, but I tacked on one more and finished with 9. I ran around my neighborhood and it took me awhile to get warm. My body hasn't run in the cold for two weeks and needed a little adjusting.
Overall the run was great. I put the i-pod on, left the watch at home and dialed it down a notch with the pace. By the feel of it I was in the 6:50 range. For most of the run I got lost in the music, the calmness of the weather and the stars in the sky. I loved the 80 degree weather, but I almost like the chilly night runs better. Something about the brisk air and stars.
From a mileage perspective I'm not where I want to be this week. Taking Wednesday off set me back a bit from my schedule. If I play my cards right I maybe able to get in the 60 miles I had scheduled for the week, but I only have 2 running days left this week. I should be able to get 8 in during lunch and maybe head out for a couple miles tonight. I'll then force myself to get my long run in Saturday morning. The only problem are Simone's pictures at 10:00. If I'm going to do it I will need to get up around 5:00 - - - - can't wait.
Miles this week - 29
Miles this month - 94.5
Days thus far in the month - 12
Days ran this month - 9
Days off this month - 3
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles this year - 541
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment