So I knew I was going to take Sunday off and boy did my body need it. I've been running good lately, but my pace has been pretty quick. A day of rest was good.
Yesterday I ran 8 miles right after work. The weather was sunny, but pretty windy so the miles we're tough. It doesn't help that there are some nasty hills in my neighborhood along with some slight inclines that go over a 1/2 mile. None-the-less I covered the 8 miles averaging 6:30.
Today I was on the treadmill during lunch. It's rainy and I wussed out, so I stayed in during lunch and ran 8 miles. I did the first 4 at a 6:40 pace, the next 2 at a 6:58 pace and the last 2 at a 6:40 pace. The legs felt good, but the motivation wasn't there. Just tired. Tonight Simone is going to Oma's and Opa's for the evening so I'll get another 8 miles in. I don't know if I'll be at the gym with Tanya or on the roads. It's going to depend on the rain and how sloppy it is out there. One way or the other I'm going to get 8 more in. I'm not going to focus on pace and will try and keep it around the 7:00 to 7:15 range. I know I could crank it faster, but nice and easy sounds ideal - - - we'll see how that goes.
That being said I'll post today as being 16 miles - - that way I'm stuck and have to run it (unless I re-write my blog entry :). I am pissed that I had 6 days off this month, but the average daily mileage was more than January - - - so I guess I can't complain too much.
Miles this week - 24
Miles this month - 267
Days thus far in the month - 31
Days ran this month - 25
Days off this month - 6
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles in the month of March - 267 (Average 8.61 miles per day)
Miles this year - 713.5
UPDATE - 8 miles this evening at the gym with the wife. Miles were as follows:
Mile 1 - 6:28
Mile 2 - 6:28
Mile 3 - 6:00
Mile 3 - 3.5 - 6:58
Mile 3.5 - 4.0 - 7:30
Mile 5 - 6:28
Mile 6 - 6:28
Mile 7 - 6:00
Mile 7 - 7.5 - 6:58
Mile 7.5 - 8 - 7:30
The legs felt great and the motivation would have let me gone further - - didn't want to push it today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment