I wasn't able to run Thursday because I was working until 12:30. Granted I took an hour or so to eat with the family, but worked until the wee hours of the morning. Friday wasn't any better, but I decided to leave work early and get some miles in outside. I ran 10 miles at a 6:15 pace. I felt really good and the legs were right where I needed them.
Saturday I got 20 miles in, but the "wall" came and bit me in my ass around mile 15. My route had me in my neighborhood for a 9 mile loop, so I was going to run the loop twice and then do a 2 mile cool down. Well, I could feel myself "bonking" around mile 13 and figured I'd slow the pace up. So through mile 13 I was averaging a 6:58 pace. I then covered the other 5 in 7:15, but it was a gut-check to get through 18. After 18 I was at my drive way, took a short breather and then did two laps around my block. Very, Very, Very slow 2 miles - - - maybe around 9:00 pace. I even walked a couple steps, but I made it through the 20. After the run I did a body check to see what I could have done different. Yeah, eating might have helped. The scrambled eggs I had in the morning (maybe 2) and then the crackers and sausage I had for lunch couldn't substain the run. I should have known better, but I wanted to get through the miles without any gel. Wanted to push the body a bit - - - - took it a little further than what I normally would, but I lived.
Today I took off. It was a scheduled day off, but through Saturday I ended the week with an extra day off and 11 miles off my schedule. I'm trying not to think too much into it and realize there isn't anything I can do, but to get back on track. Tomorrow is another day. So through Saturday here's my miles:
Miles this week - 56
Miles this month - 243
Days thus far in the month - 28
Days ran this month - 23
Days off this month - 5
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles this year - 689.5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment