Saturday, July 18, 2009

Got to love

The runs! Not the one's that you may think I'd write about on this blog, but the one's that come knocking at your back door. Let me start by saying I didn't run on Friday. I was wiped and tired so with a race on Saturday I decided to bypass the run and try and rest up; especially since my legs have felt like lead pipes the past week.

So this then leads me to Friday evening. Something wasn't sitting right with me and was coming out the back end. Not a pretty sight and not fun to run a race with. That being said I sent a late night e-mail to Ted saying I may not show up because of the "runs".

Well, I woke up today, a little later than I wanted to, and guess what! Yup, another episode. So that was my deciding factor not to race today. I was a little disappointed, but knew there was no way I was going to be able to race this morning. So a few "poops" later I finally got it out of my system.

This evening I was able to get out and get 10 miles in. I covered the 10 miles in 6:27. The legs took a little while to loosen up, but even when they got loose they were still tight. I don't know what's going on, but I feel like I'm 50 (sorry if anyone is 50 and reading this). The body aches and I'm not bouncing back as quickly from runs. Hopefully it's just the summer blahs. I did decide that I needed to start stretching more. So I'm going to try and stretch in the AM and then later on in the evening; started tonight and I feel pretty good. We'll see how the legs feel tomorrow.

The week wasn't where I wanted to be, only 50 miles, but given my motivation and stiffness I guess I can't complain.

Miles this week - 50
Miles this month - 147.5
Days thus far in the month - 18
Days ran this month - 15
Days off this month -3
Miles this year - 1534.7
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles in the month of March - 267 (Average 8.61 miles per day)
Miles in the month of April - 271.7 (Average 9.06 miles per day)
Miles in the month of May - 190.3 (Averaging 6.14 miles per day - Marathon month)
Miles in the month of June - 211.7 (Averaging 7.06 miles per day)

No comments: