Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Ultra shuffle

Yesterday was a two part run; first 4 on the treadmill at a 6:40 pace and a second 8 mile effort outside.

The 4 on the treadmill were uneventful, but I could tell the legs were tired. The 8 outside, though, were tough. There was no leg lift and the body seemed to be creaking with every step. I felt like I was doing a fast walk. I finished my run, but was disappointed with the effort.

This morning I woke up and was pretty tight and sore. Even though I don't have a scheduled day off today I think this is my body telling me I need a little break. Hopefully I can get through this and get back on the horse tomorrow.

Miles this week - 27
Miles this month - 124.5
Days thus far in the month - 14
Days ran this month - 12
Days off this month -2
Miles this year - 1511.7
Miles in the month of January - 241 (Average 7.77 miles per day)
Miles in the month of February - 205.5 (Average 7.34 miles per day)
Miles in the month of March - 267 (Average 8.61 miles per day)
Miles in the month of April - 271.7 (Average 9.06 miles per day)
Miles in the month of May - 190.3 (Averaging 6.14 miles per day - Marathon month)
Miles in the month of June - 211.7 (Averaging 7.06 miles per day)

No comments: