Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'm running

Well, I decided I would continue to run, but incorporate more stretching to my routine. After Tuesdays 6 mile run I felt great. The pain or soreness yesterday was almost none. With that I did an 8 mile run on the treadmill. I ran the first 5 miles at a 6:58 pace and the last 3 at a 6:40 pace.

Then I woke up this morning with a little more pain than what I had the night before. I did some stretches during the morning and decided to head to the gym for another run. 8 The first half of mile was a little sore, but not too bad (Advil and Biofeeze helped). After I got loose everything felt fine. The run was a little tough, sucked a little wind, but overall it wasn't too bad. I did the splits as follows:

Mile 1 - 6:40
Mile 2 - 6:29
Mile 3 - 6:18
Mile 4 - 6:58
Mile 5 - 6:40
Mile 6 - 6:29
Mile 7 - 6:18
Mile 8 - 6:58

So far so good. I just need to be smart about things and make sure I don't over do it

Miles this week - 22
Miles this month - 22
Miles this year - 22

No comments: