Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The past two runs were the same - 8 miles on the treadmill, but I decided to do things a little differently. For this taper I'm doing some miles at a slower pace, but also a couple close to race pace.

For these runs I ran the splits as follows:

Mile 1 - 7:13
Mile 2 - 6:58
Mile 3 - 6:40
Mile 4 - 6:28
Mile 5 - 6:28
Mile 6 - 6:40
Mile 7 - 6:58
Mile 8 - 7:13

Today's run felt great. I almost wished today was race day. I think from a speed perspective, I'm sitting good. I just don't know about the mileage and if I can sustain the pace for all 26.2

Miles this week - 24
Miles this month - 120
Miles this year - 120

1 comment:

jeff said...

Good luck this weekend. I really admire how you can run so many miles at marathon pace or faster week after week. My ankles hurt just thinking about all those circles.