Monday, February 8, 2010

And the 'mill runs continue

With the snow on the ground and the up-and-coming 10 to 14 inches coming I have a feeling I'll be on the treadmill for the next couple of days. None-the-less today's 8 mile effort felt pretty good. The ankle felt good with little to no problem. It's a little tight, but so far so good. Yesterday I decided to use a heel cup and the extra cushion seemed to help. So, I'll be using that for awhile and hope that I can get this ankle 100%.

Today's run was pretty productive with a little burst of speed towards the end (felt good to get a fast mile in). The splits were as follows:

Mile 1 - 6:40
Mile 2 - 6:40
Mile 3 - 6:40
Mile 4 - 6:40
Mile 5 - 6:40
Mile 6 to 6.5 - 6:00
Mile 6.5 to 7.0 - 5:27
Mile 8 - 6:40

Miles this week - 20
Miles this month - 65
Miles this year - 235
January Miles - 170 (Average 5.48 per day)

No comments: