Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Note to self

Always remember your socks!

First, let me re-cap yesterdays run. With the 14 inches of snow we got I stayed inside yesterday and did another treadmill run. It was a struggle, but I did the 8 miles at a 6:58 pace. I had no motivation to run yesterday.

Then today! While on my way to work I got a call from Tanya saying "you forgot your socks". I figured I've gone sockless before, what will today hurt. Well, needless to say, I stopped after 4 miles (and I was on the treadmill because of the snow). The disappointing thing is I felt great. I set the treadmill at 6:40. The legs were loose, the breathing was on and I felt like I could go forever; well, I could, the feet couldn't. I could feel the blisters form by mile two. Come mile 4 I said "screw it, it's not worth it" and I stopped. When I went to clean up/shower I noticed the blisters on the insides of my feet had already popped and were starting to bleed (good thing I stopped early).

So, I'm not going to let this "perfect" running feeling get away from me. I already called Tanya and said I'm heading outside for a 5 mile run when I get home. It maybe slower than normal, given the snow and ice on the ground, but I'm finally excited to get some miles in. I need to take advantage of these days while I can.

Because of that I'm going to include say today's run was 9 miles and include it in my weekly totals. This will "force" my hand to get out the door when I get home :)

Miles this week - 37
Miles this month - 82
Miles this year - 252
January Miles - 170 (Average 5.48 per day)

No comments: