I rounded out the week (Saturday) with a 16 mile effort. The miles came pretty quickly. At the 4 mile marker I was at 26:04 (6:30 mile). I was feeling good! The leg turn over was right on and it was one of those runs that I could have gone forever. Then come the 8 mile marker I was right around 49 minutes (I had picked up the pace - It helps that the majority of the other 4 miles was down hill). At the 8 mile mark I decided to turn the watch off and just ease it in. I have to say, though, that the last 8 miles were still pretty quick. I don't know the pace, but a few of them felt like I was clipping away even faster.
Today (Sunday) I was a little sore, but not too bad. I decided, though, that my body needed a little break. I had 21 straight days of running and coming off of a longer run I "forced" myself to take a day of rest. I just hope it does bite me tomorrow as we're suppose to get 7 to 9 inches of snow. If we do get all the snow I guess I'll be forced to run in it :)
Here's to another good streak of running.
Miles this week - 70
Miles this month - 172
Miles this year - 342
January Miles - 170 (Average 5.48 per day)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment