The past 8 days I've been in Florida on a family vacation. Tanya's brother has a condo outside of Tampa so we went down there for a nice warm weather get-a-way. In previous years I've been able to stake out a 4 mile loop. The good thing about this loop is I run by the condo three times, it's all within the sub-division and there isn't much traffic (if you don't count the golf carts going from hole to hole). The bad thing about this loop is it's flat as a pancake. And actually, the whole area is flat, so I guess there isn't much getting around that point.
What I ran during our time there is as follows:
Wednesday - Off - Travel time
Thursday - 8 miles at a 6:10 pace. At the two mile marker I was at 11:40, so I was flying. It didn't help that a.) I felt good and b.) Tanya was riding the bike next to me.
Friday - 9 miles on the treadmill. The first 4.5 was at a 6:40 pace and the second 4.5 was at a 6:27 pace. This was after walking all day at Sea World.
Saturday - 10 miles at a 6:30 pace
Sunday - 8 miles. The first 4 miles were at a 24:45 pace (A 6:10 pace). I turned the watch off after that, but I was around the same pace. Today I was a little sore. I guess all the walking, swimming and running took it out of me.
Monday - 12 miles at a 6:30 pace. Once again I was tight and sore.
Tuesday - 8 miles right at 50:00 minutes. Once again I was going at a good clip. Too fast for marathon training, but I felt good. I ran this after walking most of the day at a local festival
Wednesday - I wanted to get in a longer run, but family obligations took priority. Because of that I split it into two runs. I ran 8 outside at a 6:20 pace. I was tight, but the speed was still there. I then ran 8 on the treadmill. I did the first 1.5 miles at a 6:40 pace. The next 2.5 was at a 6:27 pace. Then 1.5 miles at a 6:40 and finished the last 2.5 miles at a 6:27 pace.
Thursday - Day off - Travel Day
Friday - Today was a catch up day at work and I was also beat from traveling home (delayed fight along with not being able to sleep - fell asleep around 3:00 CST which was 4:00 EST or what I've been use to for the past week). So I went on the treadmill. Every 10 minutes I switched from a 6:40 mile to a 6:27 mile. I did this for 9 miles.
So, overall I was able to get in 71 miles of running in during my vacation. I wasn't able to get in the longer miles that I wanted to, but I was consistent with running every day. This, along with the walking and pool time with the family I had a great week of exercise.
Miles this week - 53
Miles this month - 96
Miles this year - 501.5
January Miles - 170 (Average 5.48 per day)
February Miles - 235.5 (Average 8.41 per day)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment