With the weather finally getting nice (75 today) I finally asked a security guard if there was a specific entrance for walkers/runners. She said no, but that everyone uses the front door and not to be worried about being sweaty and stinky. So today I ventured outside. Before I get into today's run, let me recap yesterdays.
Wednesday - 8 miles on the treadmill at a 6:27 pace. My big toe is still giving me problems, but it's manageable. Then, with the weather being nice, I headed outside after work for another 4 miles. First, the pain in my toe seems to be worse when I run on concrete versus the treadmill. The pounding aggravates it even more. But that didn't stop me from running the first two miles averaging 5:58. The legs left good, just that darn toe. After the first two miles I turned the watch off and just cruised in.
Thursday - 8 miles outside. The toe was feeling good until I started running and from there I could feel some pain. Not a bad pain, just a nagging pain. The route I took was one that had some nice hills, so that route didn't help matters any. None-the-less, the pace was pretty quick. I was feeling good. The first mile I came in at a 6:06. From there I told myself I would dial it back some, but when I hit my 4 mile turn around I realized I averaged a 6:10; too quick for a training run.
On my way back I told myself I was going to stay in the 6:40 range. The first mile I was at a 6:38, but from there it was all down hill. I covered the other 3 miles at a quick pace and averaged the return at a 6:21. Other than the toe, I felt good. There were a lot of hills and the wind was gusty today. Now all I need to do is work through this bout of Gout and I'll be good to go for Boston.
Miles this week - 36
Miles this month - 8
Miles this year - 672
January Miles - 170 (Average 5.48 per day)
February Miles - 235.5 (Average 8.41 per day)
March Miles - 258.5 (Average 8.34 per day)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment