So Milwaukee has been a sweat box and Minneapolis is no different. I'm traveling for work and made my way to Minneapolis this afternoon. When we landed (7:00pm) the temp. was still 97 with a heat index of 127. Needless to say I decided to run on the hotel treadmill than go outside. This being a work meeting/function I knew that a few people would be at the hotel bar talking "shop". Knowing that I made my way to my room and got my running stuff on (8:00pm) With this I hadn't had lunch or dinner, so I knew that tonight's run was going to be interesting.
Tonight's run was suppose to be 8 miles at a 7:00 pace. I set the treadmill on an incline of 1 for the first four miles and then dropped it down to 0 for the second 4. I did the splits as follows:
6:53 for the first mile and then realized it wasn't worth it and set it at 6:58 for the last 7. The legs felt good, but I could tell I hadn't eaten. The acid build up sucked and things just didn't feel good in the stomach (note to self not to do that again).
After my run I met the work folks at the bar, had an orange juice and water and a piece of cheesecake. I then went to my room and just got room service (10:45pm). Time to eat and then go to bed.
Tomorrow's work out may be a late one. We have meetings all day then dinner and a social gathering. So no drinking and I need to watch what I eat (which stinks on a work trip), but tomorrow's run is a speed work out (thank God that the hotel gym is open 24 hrs)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment