Today's scheduled run was a "cutdown" run. According to my schedule I was suppose to do a 2 mile warm-up, followed by a 8 mile cutdown followed by a mile cool down. The cutdown I was suppose to do the first mile around a 6:15 and drop it down from there. Then the last 4 miles were to be my fastest finishing at a 5:40 pace for the last mile or two.
Once again, being on the road for work made it difficult to get my run in early. Today was all day meetings, followed by drinks and dinner afterwards. So, two drinks later and a light dinner I hit the treadmill for my run. Before I write on my run today let me say my legs felt pretty good today. I was loose and being feed all day (plus drinking a butt load of water) made for a pretty good pre-run.
My mile splits were as follows:
Mile 1 - 8:00
Mile 2 - 8:00 (These two miles felt nice and easy)
Mile 3 - 6:18
Mile 4 - 6:15 (So far I was feeling good, but the pace seemed a little fast)
Mile 5 - 6:10
Mile 6 - 6:07 (Legs finally felt good and loose. It took a few miles, but the stride felt good)
Mile 7 - 6:00
Mile 8 - 5:58 (Had to switch treadmills as this one didn't go faster than 10mph)
Mile 9 - 5:45
Mile 9 to 9 1/2 - 5:39 (Had to stop for .10 of a mile. Started to feel it a bit)
Mile 9 1/2 to 10 - 5:33 (Felt good. Legs needed the little break)
Mile 11 - 8:00
So I'm 2 hours post run and the legs feel good and tomorrow's run is going to be an early one. I'm meeting a co-worker to run 5 or 6 miles. He's a 3:45 marathon runner and is looking at a nice, easy pace (Assuming 8:00's). I'm suppose to be doing 5 at 7:30's, but I don't think my co-worker can hit 7:30's.
Overall tonight was a GREAT run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment