Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Monday and Tuesday updates

Quick recap so I can get back to the family.

Monday - Shitty run. I was suppose to do 10 miles and had to stop at 7 because of cramps. I tried everything to work them out, but nothing I did worked. I was suppose to do 10 miles at an easy pace (7:00 - 7:15). I did the first 3 at 6:58 and decided to drop it back a bit. Mile 4 was at 7:08 and then the cramps hit. I went to mile 5, stopped, stretched and brought the pace back to 7:30. Even then the cramps still were there. I kept the pace at 7:30, stopped a couple times, stretched and called it quits at 7 miles.

Tuesday - Much better run tonight. I was suppose to do 7 at an easy pace (given that tomorrow's run is going to be tough), but I pushed out 9 miles. I did things a little differently tonight. Given the heat and humidity I decided to leave the watch at home and run based on feel, but knowing that I had to hold back the pace. After the first mile it looked like I went swimming. Everything was soaked, but the legs felt good. I was a little tight, but not too bad. I ran 3.5 miles and stopped to get a little drink of water at the park. I continued on to Tanya's parents house (5 miles), said hi to the kids, got some more water and went back out (maybe 2 minutes of rest). I went back the same way I came, got another quick drink of water and headed home, but shaved off a mile knowing that I had a tough workout the next day. Overall I would say I was in the high 6:00's with a few faster miles in there. I held it back, for the most part, but knew that the legs had more in them. With this heat I knew better than to let loose. Also given the training plan I have to make sure that the easy days remain easy and I keep focused on the pace - - - -save the legs for the workouts that count (I know - - - they all count)

Now it's time to hydrate, stretch, get some rest and hope that tomorrow is less humid than today.

No comments: